Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mass Effect 2 Review

Ok So Mass Effect was one of my favorite games and ever since I finished it I was waiting impatiently waiting for the sequel. Mass Effect 2 came out Jan. 26, 2010. I got the game on launch and went home, imported my character from the first game and was off the running.

The game plays alot smoother and faster than the original. The third person shooter elements are greatly improved, however I would have liked to see a better cover system like in Gears of War. The weapons are cool, but I would have liked to see more of them and more customization of them. The various powers and abilities are great and add an element that few other shooters have. The AI is improved as well, although they still dont move where you tell them to go, lol.

The biggest thing in Mass Effect is the story. Once again its a great plot, however some parts are a little unrealistic, even for futuristic space. The world is vast and the missions are unique and interesting. The characters are a little bit of a disappointment. I didn't feel the same bond and comradery that I felt in Mass Effect 1 with my crew. None the less, the story is great and exciting, and the characters aren't bad, just not as good as ME1.

I finished the game in about 18 hours, with all upgrades and side quests. I maxed out all of my characters, etc etc. So the game does provide alot of play time. I enjoyed the game and I am looking forward to the 3rd and last installment of this franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment